Robust ThemeDec 09, 2019 2020-04-08 7:40
Flight Levels Change Leadership
Key capabilities are needed for leaders of change to guide the whole enterprise effectively when applying the Flight Levels approach
A systemic understanding to be able to cope with different levels of complexity
Social skills to foster open communication and trustful relationships
A set of tools and techniques to drive change
The problem is that many agile experts work primarily at the individual and team levels. In order to establish business agility, however, end-to-end value streams must be improved, which often flow through the entire organization. In any case, such an improvement requires a contemporary understanding of change and leadership skills with which the necessary change can be designed in an agile manner: from the introduction of flight levels to the implementation of customized workshop, training and communication formats to an operational management that is characterized by continuous improvement.
- You want to know what you should consider when you want to lead your organization step by step to more business agility
- You want to strengthen your leadership skills in agile transformation
- You want to see how you can quickly identify and solve problems in the change process using concrete case studies
- You want to learn how to design a change flow tailored to your company and which formats and tools you can use for it
- You want to learn how to effectively support individuals (such as the flight level sponsor), small groups (such as the change team) or large groups (such as 120 experts in a flight level 2 system).
- You want to get new impulses for facilitating stand-ups and retrospectives on different flight level
How Flight Levels Coaching Skills will help you
- You want to get new impulses for facilitating stand-ups and retrospectives on different flight levels
- We provide the big picture of an agile change flow that fits the flight levels
- We provide an overview of proven formats and tools
- We take a close-up look at essential formats such as the clarification meeting, the Flight Levels introductory workshop, the Flight Levels operational kick-off or the retrospective
- We equip you to work with large groups
- We show you how to cross-departmental and hierarchical boundaries
- We strengthen your skillset as a professional change leader
What you will learn
As soon as you have to coordinate the work of several teams on Flight Level 2, you will experience the dynamics of large groups. Connecting those Flight Levels Systems will challenge your abilities in facilitation and organization. This workshop offers the possibility to improve your skills in working with small and large groups, in understanding their dynamics, and in handling them constructively and productively during workshops.
The foundation of Flight Levels
improve your skills in working with small and large groups
Please ensure that you have attended and fully completed the Flight Levels Introduction Workshop (FLIN) prior to the first session. If you are working towards an official Flight Levels Academy title, the FLIN is both a solid foundation and part of the title.
Compared to “physical training”, our online workshops have an incredible added value: Because the training extend over four half-days, there is time in between to deal with the newly learned knowledge and its relevance for your situation.
Now, the reality is always much more interesting and instructive than a constructed example. Therefore, in the workshop, we try to weave in the challenges that the participants face in their organizations. This usually takes the form of group work. The advantage is that afterwards, the people who have contributed their example go back to their everyday work with concrete results for their situation. With this, they can continue working immediately.
You should already schedule time in your calendars for the group work, even before the workshop has started. Due to the online-related free days between online sessions, it is tempting to fill up this time with appointments. My advice to you: Don’t over-schedule these days so that you can work on the task together (or alone). The other day, for example, the participants from one company reserved a whole four hours for themselves, during which they worked together in a concentrated manner on their topic. During the next session in the online plenary, they received feedback on this and then had an excellent basis for further action.
Therefore, make the most of the online formats and keep time free between the workshop sessions for concentrated group work.
This workshop is certified by the Flight Levels Academy and Humanize AS. After completing the workshop, participants will receive a "Certificate of Completion" directly from Flight Levels Academy.
The knowledge acquired in the Flight Levels Flow Design Workshop (FLFD) is an essential requirement if you want to become a certified Flight Levels Coach (FLC)
Are you interested in a Flight Levels Coaching Skills workshop?
Other Flight Levels workshops
Cliff has made a career out of breaking down the obstacles that stand in the way of great work. He is often challenging the status quo in his quest to develop the right culture and systems for the creation of excellent Companies and Products.
After a tour of addresses across South Africa, Cliff moved to Stockholm where he led a team of Coaches at Spotify for 4 years.
Now having founded Flight Levels Academy he focuses on helping companies be effective at Scale.