Robust ThemeDec 09, 2019 2020-04-08 7:40
Flight Levels Coaching Skills
Key capabilities are needed for coaches to guide the whole enterprise effectively when applying the Flight Levels approach
A systemic understanding of coaching that can cope with different levels of complexity
Social skills to foster open communication and trustful relationships
A set of tools and techniques to drive change
The problem is that most coaches focus primarily on individuals and teams. Applying the Flight Levels Model calls for organisational support though. For helping the whole enterprise effectively we need at least three capabilities. 1. a systemic understanding of coaching that can cope with different levels of complexity 2. social skills to foster open communication and trustful relationships. 3. a set of tools and techniques to drive change.
- You want to build your Flight Levels Coaching on a solid concept of professional help
- You want to know why the Flight Levels Coach is supposed to be a generalist who can quickly change from being a sparring partner to acting as facilitator, trainer or consultant.
- You want to strengthen your current know-how in various exercises.
- You want to explore why the path from contact to contract is essential.
- You want to learn how to effectively engage with individuals (such as your flight levels sponsor), small groups (such as the change team) and large groups (such as 20+ experts who coordinate themselves by using a flight level 2 system).
- You want to get fresh ideas on facilitating stand-ups or retrospectives on various flight levels.
How Flight Levels Coaching Skills will help you
- We create common ground for a coaching approach that resonates with the Flight Levels Model
- We update your current coaching expertise
- We enlarge your set of formats and techniques
- We help you to better deal with social and emotional dynamics
- We provide tried and tested tools – and help to use them with the right attitude
What you will learn
As soon as you have to coordinate the work of several teams on Flight Level 2, you will experience the dynamics of large groups. Connecting those Flight Levels Systems will challenge your abilities in facilitation and organization. This workshop offers the possibility to improve your skills in working with small and large groups, in understanding their dynamics, and in handling them constructively and productively during workshops.
The foundation of Flight Levels
improve your skills in working with small and large groups
Please ensure that you have attended and fully completed the Flight Levels Introduction Workshop (FLIN) prior to the first session. If you are working towards an official Flight Levels Academy title, the FLIN is both a solid foundation and part of the title.
Compared to “physical training”, our online workshops have an incredible added value: Because the training extend over four half-days, there is time in between to deal with the newly learned knowledge and its relevance for your situation.
Now, the reality is always much more interesting and instructive than a constructed example. Therefore, in the workshop, we try to weave in the challenges that the participants face in their organizations. This usually takes the form of group work. The advantage is that afterwards, the people who have contributed their example go back to their everyday work with concrete results for their situation. With this, they can continue working immediately.
You should already schedule time in your calendars for the group work, even before the workshop has started. Due to the online-related free days between online sessions, it is tempting to fill up this time with appointments. My advice to you: Don’t over-schedule these days so that you can work on the task together (or alone). The other day, for example, the participants from one company reserved a whole four hours for themselves, during which they worked together in a concentrated manner on their topic. During the next session in the online plenary, they received feedback on this and then had an excellent basis for further action.
Therefore, make the most of the online formats and keep time free between the workshop sessions for concentrated group work.
This workshop is certified by the Flight Levels Academy and Humanize AS. After completing the workshop, participants will receive a "Certificate of Completion" directly from Flight Levels Academy.
The knowledge acquired in the Flight Levels Flow Design Workshop (FLFD) is an essential requirement if you want to become a certified Flight Levels Coach (FLC)
Flight Levels Coaching Skills
Other Flight Levels workshops
Cliff has made a career out of breaking down the obstacles that stand in the way of great work. He is often challenging the status quo in his quest to develop the right culture and systems for the creation of excellent Companies and Products.
After a tour of addresses across South Africa, Cliff moved to Stockholm where he led a team of Coaches at Spotify for 4 years.
Now having founded Flight Levels Academy he focuses on helping companies be effective at Scale.